Friday, October 15, 2010

BYOC

On to this week’s BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy – where we answer 5 little questions to get to know each other better. Copy to your blog and enjoy!

1. Tell me about someone you envy.

I don't envy any one person but envy different aspects of people sometimes:

The Dash..because she is putting in her garden and I am winterizing mine.
Drazil..because she talks about wearing her high heels and jewelry and exudes such style and I feel like a frump walking in the dark half the time.
Amy..She has such a sense of herself and can really lay herself out there on her blog (i am too afraid to say many things in such a public place)
Caroline with her story telling skills and photographers eye
Several bloggers and people in my life who seem to get things done (while I wander around leaving things half finished)
Bill Gates-who has earned a bundle and is now getting to use it for good (even though I disagree with how he is using some of that money). Ok I would have some fun with all that money and power too.

2. What makes you angry?

rudeness
bigotry
people who lead kids (or adults for that matter) to believe they are stupid and limited in what they can accomplish in life.

3. In an effort to help so many that seem to be blue and sad….what do you do when you feel very sad or depressed?

I used to eat-now I usually take a nap.
retail therapy sometimes helps
talking it out
snuggling up on the couch with the fireplace on and a good chick flick.

4. If you were stranded on a lonely beach, what five things would you want with you to survive (not people)?

A beach chair
my swimsuit
sunglasses
a book, some magazines
a tropical drink (and pitcher for backup)
knitting in case I get bored with the book/magazines
perhaps a snack

When can we go?
5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and blogland.

I was on top of blogs this week. I always seem to blog more when I am wrestling with a dilemma. This weight gain of more than I had left to lose coupled with getting used to my new work schedule has thrown a monkey-wrench into my confidence and comfort level. I discovered that all of my talk (in real life) that I am a fly by the seat of my pants kind of person was full of shit. I am really deeply habitual when it comes to eating and exercising and usually not in a good way. I have made some changes this week (again) as this lapband pathway has required repeatedly from me. Hopefully this will be the last big push to the finish line and that the changes I have made this week (and the exercise ones to come) will do the trick.

I think that I really write on my blog as a journal and for myself most of the time. I do not know if others think..ah entertainment or I have to communicate with my readers when they write theirs but it always comes a bit of a surprise when I have huge epiphany's after reading other peoples' blogs. I don't know why it is a surprise but I wish we could bottle this whole blog thing up for everyone to share in. Every single time I have been struggling with something a good blog read or even reading over a few weeks provides the answers I am seeking. Even the simplest post containing a list of food choices has made me realize what I am doing wrong. It is stupid that I cannot recognize my own failing but when I see it in another persons' list my own flaws slap me in the face. Linda's family exercise idea is huge for me today as was the whole round of posts about doing better for our own children who have weight issues.

I am off to try and accomplish stuff today...inspired by all of you bloggers who get-er done every day and I envy you but am trying to emulate you instead :)

xxxooo

3 comments:

Mary H. said...

I love retail therapy... LOL
I don't even have to buy stuff, but just walking around and looking is my favorite thing to do when I am in a funk.

Gen said...

Tina, I just read your comments on Amy W's blog about your daughters...and I have to say I totally agree about the "thermostat" concept. My oldest was like "a heat seeking missle" for food as a baby, toddler, young kid. Some of it is truly part of the genetic makeup.

And it is so hard to realize that I can't control it, I can't save her from the pain....Anyway, I need to do my own post, but I really agree with your take on it..I think you need to do a mother/daughter post - take your comments on Amy's blog and maybe add to it if you have anything else to add.

Lonicera said...

Thanks for the comment Tina - I envy your tenacity, pure and simple.
it's interesting to see how well this blogging therapy works for bandits.
Caroline