Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Poptarts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I had a little vacation back in time tonight. I was a touch hungrier today. I had a full morning and afternoon of meetings and did not bring my lunch to work. Lunch found me dashing next door to the quicky mart for whatever lunch items i could find. bugles (yup..not so good). 160 calories but on closer inspection it was 160 calories for 1/3 of the bag. I ate the whole bag by 2pm. I also had 1.5 ounces of cheese and a boiled egg. At dinner I was off to my second job teaching at the community college. I was, of course ravenous again and did a little meal shopping in the machines with my newly discovered pound of change in my backpack. I chose...poptarts! Now you cannot read the nutrition information through the class and I frankly have never looked. I did evaluate whether they would go down ok and whether they would provide good filling for my efforts (seriously hungry at the time). I paid my 1.00 fee and they fell into the hopper. I then read the back...WHAT!!! seriously??? 410 calories for that??? (click on 410 calories for additional nutrition information). I could have a heck of a lot better tasting things than two stupid poptarts. What did I do you ask?? I ate them....

and I will never ever do so again. They tasted like crap and sat in my stomach like a rock for the rest of the evening. I did used to kind of like the things...if you could see me now you would see me shaking my head in derision at my old taste in ..can we even call it food?

and worst of all..it is 10:13 and I am very hungry and cannot eat or I will be stuck awake with indigestion if I do. All of this could have been fine if I had just packed food.

xxxooo

5 comments:

Alison said...

410 calories is amazing! For pop tarts! They kind of passed us by the in UK, I remember them being around about 20 years ago, we bought some, toasted them and I burnt my mouth so badly I never tried again!
Would you be able to keep some milk down? Might just help fill a hole.

Rachel said...

Hi Tina...I like this post and I understand it so well...there are many pop tart like foods I used to eat and portions that I used to eat that I now find disgusting! I think that is another gift of the band. Thanks for sharing!!! Yes packing and planning are so key in this journey.

Theresa said...

I hear you on that one. I have a giant box of food in my office, just for such times, nuts, canned tuna salad with crackers, split pea soup and protien bars. I never make good choices at a vending machine or a convenience store.

titantiff said...

I have a hard time believing that I used to eat that crap too. Like a box or two a week... Yep, glad to be more in tune with what is "healthy" for me now days. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

Rhonda said...

Wow, only 480 calories for a whole BAG of Bugles? No wonder I love those things! But two poptarts are only 70 calories left. :( They're not even the good brown cinnamon kind! lol