Friday, September 2, 2011

BYOC

BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy….5 little questions we ask to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy and paste to your own blog and enjoy!1.

1. please describe the contents of your purse.




I just bought a new purse to hold my new laptop (I got a bigger one so I could see the screen with my poor old eyes. The laptop was out being used to type this so it is not in the pile. I carry this purse to work everyday so it is full of worky stuff.

1.Thinking in systems book. I read it on the train and before I go to sleep. You missed Kitchen confidential. I finished reading it Wednesday night.
2. binder clips.
3. red memo book. So I can write down all of the things I will forget.
4. Fancy mechanical pencil (a mathematicians best friend)
5. yellow headphone set to listen to music on my phone (Pandora is the best)
6. plug for my computer
7. sunglasses in case
8. Keys and lanyard with my usb memory stick attached
9. frequent knitter punch card.
10. yellow note with all of the data I have to organize and get into work off my old computer.
11. File containing a list of missing data (yes more)
12. loose change
13. receipts that I stuffed in my purse on the fly
14. my eye prescription that I have forgotten to take out of my purse.

2. Repeat question: I’m going to pick a person not knowing if you have a relationship with this person or if the person even exists and you try to describe the person in 5 words or short sentences.

• Your kindergarten teacher

Mrs. Loucks
Old.
We did not learn to read (and I like that)
There was a play house corner
She had the coolest shoes that laced up but had heels (kind of those shoes that are popular now and I just bought a similar pair)
We sang this old man he played one...an it was probably the most fun I can remember having that year.

3. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure / trashy TV show you like to watch?

Well i don't consider TV a guilty pleasure so it would have to be Starbucks frappachinos now or chocolate. As far as TV is concerned I like British murder mystery programs (Midsommer murders, etc.)

4. A lot of you told me about your first day of school experiences when I posted about how my 5 year old going to kindergarten wasn’t causing me too much heartache. So now I’m officially asking – tell me about one of your first day of school experiences that sticks out in your mind the most. Who put you on the bus? Did you ride the bus? Did your parents take pics? Did they walk you into school? Drive you there? Cook you breakfast?

I do not know if this was the first day of school but it was during the first few days. I got up early and watched the moon landing before school started. I rode the bus. I do not remember my mom cooking breakfast so I probably had a bowl of cereal. Our bus stop was at the top of the street and my two neighbors (Lynn Wilson up from me and Laurie down from me was at the bus stop)

After lunch recess on the first day of school Lynn Wilson stole my chair next to Laurie and pushed me onto the floor. When I got mad at her and told her to give me my chair back Mrs. Loucks got mad at me. Spanked me and said that the three of us would never be placed in the same classroom again. We never were and that was probably a good thing. I was outraged at the time though.

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.

I am swamped with work and planning various trips to various places-San Francisco in two weeks, Chicago in 4 and then New York in October. I had to buy all the tickets and make hotel reservations. I also am supposed to be working (yes I really am when I am not eating and taking pictures of my shoes). I am late paying my Chicago payments but am getting the money off today. I sent the Boobs money this morning and will figure out the walking and other money this afternoon. I vaguely thought it was all due September 1 but I was wrong and it was all due last week (a common problem for me as can be seen in the pile of undone to do lists in my purse).

eek!!!

xxxooo

1 comment:

Dinnerland said...

Wow, you remember a lot of your first days of school... I don't remember anything!!