Thursday, January 20, 2011

What I have been thinking-What I have been doing in pics.





The fingerless gloves before I threaded the hangy down ends to the inside. I know one pair arrived but have not heard whether the other two have made it to their destinations yet. I am working on a pattern for you.



David bought me a spinning wheel for Christmas. It is fun! I have already spun two tops (looks like unspun but clean and dyed wool). I then knitted the home-made yarn into a large chunky cowl.

On the topic of weight...I am having a bit of a crisis still. I have definitely developed a belly roll. My eating volume is way up. I am starving at night but tight during the day. I can only eat 1/2 cup of food but it goes through my band sometimes quickly sometimes not. I ate quite a bit at night over the weekend and after we got back. I have suffered from four nights of pretty bad reflux. My poor brain is getting mixed messages-I am too tight...no I am too loose. My desire to eat is way up..WAY WAy up...I don't know if I did not deal with my eating problems like I thought I did or if I am getting some sort of a rebound affect after hitting goal. I am doing lots of thinking...This winter rainy/cold weather just does not help any of it.

xxxooo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the gloves! I understand about being too tight some days and too loose on others. I'm thinking it will probably be something we will just have to deal with. Getting our head on straight about weight and hunger is the most difficult part of the journey. I can only hope it will get better.

Jen said...

Hi Tina! The gloves arrived and they are FANTASTIC! I seriously love them. Thank you so much. My 11 year old tried to steal them from me.

I'm struggling with my band lately too. Same thing with not able to eat much during the day, but at night I'm pretty hungry.
I wonder if you are where I was a few months ago. A little too tight, which causes you to not be able to eat enough thereby leaving you VERY hungry a short time later.
I wish this band business was easier to figure out, I'm quite frustrated lately.
Take Care!

Libby said...

Hi Tina,

I got my bike seat the other day. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I can't wait to try it out. I'm gonna put it on my road bike. I know it is not sleek, but it sure will make my butt feel better.

Jen might be right. You culd be too tight. You might also be craving bad foods because you started eating more sugar or carbs. I know that as soon as I start in on the sugar or simple carbs, I get hungrier faster and I crave them more. Maybe you should try the 5 day pouch test and see if that helps. If not, maybe it's time to go back to the doc for a little unfill.

Good luck and thanks again!

Libby

Amanda Kiska said...

Love the gloves!

I'm so sorry you are struggling right now. It is so hard to go through. I am confident that you know (or will figure out) what you need to do and will get back to it very soon.

Keep blogging! It helps!

Gen said...

Adorable gloves!

So sorry you are having these issues with the band. I think your plan to do liquids then hard core band rules is a really great one. Good luck.