Friday, September 10, 2010

Ahh Sweet Restriction

My two year check up was today..with a new nurse practitioner. She was actually good. Whenever they have pushed me in with a new person (not my dear old surgeon Dr. Wolfe) I get a little angsty. It has never..until today...gone well. I like the new girl (even though she is quite a youngster). She did the old are you eating, do you have acid reflux blah blah..asked me if I was wanting a fill and bingo bango popped the needle in and viola I was filled. Not only did she get that so often troublesome needle right into my port but she actually did it twice as the first .5 cc fill was a tad too much. She backed out .2 ccs and I am now running at 7.8 cc's of fluid in my little bandy.

So back to the check up..I am good. on the low end of protein but in the normal range. At the low end of Vitamin D but in the normal range. At the low end of iron but in the normal range....This is the story of my life actually. I have always been at the low end of everything in blood tests. It is my weight that was always high.

I told my girl Maggie (that is her name) that I was hoping to get the last little bit off so I could feel 'normal' on the bmi range for once in my life. I told her I didn't care if it even lasted for just a day and that I would evaluate the wrinkles and figure out if I liked it but wanted to give it a try. She said with only ten pounds between me and it I should be able to get there no problem. :) I like a positive response..yes I do.

So back to the fill..she put in the .5 ccs, I asked for my first cup of water and it went down. The second..not so much...it caught a really big air bubble and did a bit of a sit. I asked to have a skosh(I love that word said with a North Dakota/Canadian accent) taken out and she popped that needle back in and sucked it out. This time she left the needle poking out (soo freaky for some but I thought it looked kinda funny...like me as a dart board) and I drank down another cup of water successfully.

I came home via Starbucks (they really should pay me to advertise for them) and although of late i have been drinking venti (I know bad Tina...bad bad) sized drinks I bought a tall skim peppermint mocha. It is here beside me almost an hour later half finished but still warm....Goal weight...here i come!!!!

9 comments:

Nella said...

Amazing and a true inspiration! Keep it up!

Theresa said...

Tina, I'm still unsure if I need another fill or not. Somedays I'm so tight, I get stuck and somedays, just wide open. I feel like when I'm about to start, I just get so hungry, but that's the only time I'm really unusually hungry, what do you think?

The Banded Lady said...

Yay for you!

Linda said...

I'm glad your appointment went well. You're so close to goal - you can do it!!

Jacquie said...

You go girl! You'll do it!

Nicole said...

glad to hear your appointment well!! Onward to goal :)

THE DASH! said...

Fantastic, little gardener extraordinare! I'm excited for you to knock that last 10 pounds off. Get to it!

Gen said...

Sounds great Tina! I am going in for a fill next week - last time I checked (4 months ago) I was at 7.6 ccs, so close to where you are. You are totally going to hit NORMAL! Way to go.

Lonicera said...

You and your peppermint mochas!!! Proper hooked you are... I must say I love Starbucks too, but I don't need to go that far - I love cold milky coffee. I've found a sweetener which hasn't got the yuk metalic taste of saccharine, so my viennese coffees are effectively glasses of milk, calorie wise.

How wonderful that your sweet spot is under 8cc's - I'm at 10.25 and I'm not sure I'm there yet.

The needle hanging out of the port is what happens to me every time, they refuse to remove it until I've drunk a small glass of water (when I'm lucky enough to be seen by my surgeon he always says "Drink up, the bottom half is gin." What a wag...

Caroline