Sunday, August 8, 2010

Yeah Baby!!!

Another post vacation pound disappeared today.

Was this a plateau? I cannot fathom how I can go weeks and weeks with barely a shift on the scale (or at least only wobbles up and down around the same two pounds)and then whammo I go a week and lose four pounds with little effort and lots of vacation eating out.

Things that were different:

More activity/exercise
more water
More food and more dessert than normal


So was it the interruption in my routine? was it the exercise? was it the food? was it the water? Was it just time? Even now after two years and what I would consider success I have not worked out the magic formula. Is that why the world has such a difficult time losing weight?

7 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

So frustrating - but congrats on the loss!

THE DASH! said...

Bingo! And down she goes yet again. Nice work, madam!! x

THE DASH! said...

Bingo! And down she goes yet again. Nice work, madam!! x

THE DASH! said...

Haha for some reason that posted twice though I only did it once.

Theresa said...

Maybe I need to go on vacation too. The scale has not been nice to me lately.

Sandy said...

I agree-there is no rhyme or reason. I do think shaking things up and getting out of the same routine seems to move things for me too. Great going. I don't think there will ever be a definitive how-to book to reference. We just have to know we aren't alone.

Angi said...

I've read alot, and I do mean ALOT of WLS blogs, and there seems to be a common theme. You do perfectly, then hit a plateau, then eat more than you should and BAM the plateau is over. I think it was all your desserts. :)