Sunday, August 15, 2010

Another Day Another Pound

I am at a weird but somewhat cool band tightness spot right now. I do think eventually I will need to go in for a little unfill but right now I feel like I am in a perfect zen location. The weight is coming off quickly. I am not eating a lot but am getting in the right things at each meal. I am not getting stuck or even over eating. I feel satisfied quickly but am not feeling any urge whatsoever to snack or eat just one more bite beyond satisfied. The remaining 8 pounds to goal is so close I can taste it.

I do not know if this place is actually a physical one and all due to the band or if it is sort of a perfect band/mental space that I have stumbled upon. I will continue to ponder on it and let you know if I come up with an answer :)


todays food: Breakfast: one grande skim peppermint mocha frappacino.
Lunch: 3/4 cup of broccoli cheese soup. Two bites of a pickle.
Dinner:1 glass of white wine, 1 two inch round of dry sour dough bread, 3 oz of crab/cheese/risotto croquettes and about an oz of wild salmon.
nightime: Tonight I had my vitamin D in 1 cup of orange juice.


To top it all off we spent most of today shopping. I did a clothing try on at Target and actually purchased a pair of size 10 capris and two size medium dresses!!!! Overall a totally satisfying day.

On a final note-Nichole let me have a picture that was taken two years ago when I flew up with Grace to Alaska right after my grandson was born (May 2008). We went to this totally Alaska roadside bar and grill for lunch and the owners took our picture. Here is that picture---I probably weighed 298 and was attempting to use Grace as a shield (she was obviously too small to do the job). Funnily enough Grace and Grant are the only two people in the picture who have gotten bigger. Nichole has lost about 40 pounds since then and he boyfriend, Dave, has lost about 20. together we have lost almost 190 pounds. Cinda (daughter number 3) had in her hidden possession a contraband picture of me in a swimsuit before the band....I am saving that one for when I hit goal. I will do a before and after swimsuit photo (prepare to see the melted candle look!!)

3 comments:

Dinnerland said...

Sounds like you're doing great-- before I had the band, I think your post about what you ate would have freaked me out, but now I totally understand and can see how that might have been a perfect day!
Wow-- so close to goal-- simply amazing.

Lynda said...

You and your daughter have the same smile! Keep up the good work--you'll be at goal before you know it. :)

Fiona said...

wow well done, it must be SO satisfying to look back and see how far you have come? Good for you.