Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day Two

I am not sure this really constitutes as a fast exactly but it is by far the closest I have ever come to on my own steam. I am feeling a little foggy today (kind of like I have a hangover)...The question is whether that is a detox hangover or a lack of food hangover (bahahahah).

Ok so to recap yesterday:

two venti berry breeze with hibiscus tea at Starbucks (2 X 140 calories)
two bottles of water
one pineapple coconut juice drink thing (0 calories)
one protein smoothie ala Tina (1/4 cup of cream, 1 cup of water, 1/5 cups of crushes ice, 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder, 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder, 2 teaspoons PB2)  I have no idea how many calories here.

A little story-I was so distraught watching the girls eat ice cream and gummy bears in the kitchen that I almost lost it last night.  My hand was literally itching to eat a gummy bear.  I couldn't touch the bags to put them away and had to call Grace into the room to get them.  When I cracked and decided to have a protein smoothy I went to the fridge for the milk and it was freaking gone (almost dropped on the floor and had a little temper tantrum).  I took the cream and watered it down (yes it didn't taste very good and yes it was worth it).

Today I am going for day two:

The scale did not move on tiny little bit (i usually reserve the f word for pretty strong emotions...I called my scale a f-wad out loud this morning.

I am having my initial starbucks venti breeze thingy.

update:

Ok I am going hour to hour here now.  I had a minor melt down 14 minutes ago and stated to David and Grace that I didn't think I was going to make it.  Since there wasn't a food item immediately at hand (I am down in the shop and a customer came in) I have now made it through and am feeling somewhat confident that I can make it to dinner.  Still seething about the scale though.

update 2:  I cried uncle.

This is probably the part where I should have held strong. I am sure it was some sort of a hurtle or something.  Word to the wise:  Never try to fast on a weekend.  David and Grace were spreading messes and the lack of food impacted my patience.  I seemed to be coping with customer service but family was just too much.  I send David out for a small Caesar salad with chicken.  I had four slices of chicken from the salad (about 2-3 oz I would say) as well as a teas. of Parm. and three pieces of lettuce (i know this because I eat lettuce with caution).  I am good now..feeling kind of queasy in fact.  bleh..It was DELICIOUS while going down and I am really happy my hearts desire was a salad after this.






4 comments:

The Re-up said...

I agree-- remember: salad is not the problem.. don't get caught in all or nothing thinking!
Sometimes it is good to reset yourself-- just do what you can to be healthy and reach your goals in a way you can eventually duplicate and keep up.
I'm with you!

Rhonda said...

I'm sorry your fast the other day didn't show you a loss like you wanted. I bet you saw something today. The salad was an excellent choice, so don't regret that! :)

Lonicera said...

Wow wottastruggle. I'm agog with admiration. What a total pain in the ass the brain is when it's pushing you to feel hungry...
Caroline

Lap Band Gal said...

Weekends are SUPER hard for me...head hunger sucks. :( Maybe try again during the week?