Friday, May 14, 2010

BYOC

1. If you could be a cartoon character – who would you be and why?

I'm crap at these questions---I cannot think of a single one.

Now if you had said character from a book...I would be off. The lead character in Under the Tuscan Sun, Mrs. Mike (book I read in high school) about a woman who married a mounted policemen and lived int he wilds of Canada (although the wilds and lack of a toilet might stop me these days).

I love fantasizing about what life would be like for the characters in the books I read. I like them to live in exotic places and explore food or solve mysteries etc. I never was much of a cartoon watcher but always a book reader.

2. Who was your teenage heart throb?

Nope I didn't do this one either. I like Colin Firth now. I have watched all of the movies of his I could get on netflix (he has some really baaaaaaad ones form his teenage years).

ahh but I just remembered a little tidbit..I did used to like Tom Selleck. When I was a senior in high school I babysat at a summer resort near my house and the owners' son-in-law looked just like him (mustache and everything)...My girl friend and I use to talk about how we envied his wife :)

3. Do you believe being overweight is about a mental obstacle or do you believe it’s simply about overeating/food?

I think it is neither. I think we have a developed some bad habits in life sure but I think it is more than that. I think it is physical. We have faulty full gauges. We have extra strong sense of smell or taste. I think our body weight meter is badly calibrated. I think our body is messed up hormonally..and I think it is a combination that sets us off on a free-fall to obesity. I think that some people do develop a poor relationship with food but at the root of that relationship are chemical and physical issues that the medical field only slightly understands right now. I have come to this conclusion from reading, discussions with my doctor and...extrapolating a bit.


4. What’s your all-time favorite song?

I like all kinds of music as it takes me back to my childhood and other events in my life...here are some of my faves:



My husband and I listened to this one every Friday night after work and school and my daughters went to visit their dad...Represents relaxing weekend to come. I consider it our song.


About the time I left my first husband and went back to school. Makes me want to run and dance on a big park lawn.


I loveee the blues. We lived in Ritzville, Washington for a few years and every summer I could sit on the porch swing of my house and listen. BB came one year and I got to watch him do his thang.


My dad loved this album (yup that's what it was) when I was a child. My mom hated it but we all used to groove in that sixties dance pony kind of way to Booker T...and this song was my favorite.


ahhh 16 years old and disco baby---nothing else needs to be said.

5. Whose blog or comment spoke to you/stuck with you this week and why? This is our “you get to be famous for a moment” without having to follow all the rules of an official blog award question.

Well Drazil's mother's day blog was well written and spoke to me. Her discussion about all of the people in the cemetery visiting their moms..brought a tear and made me think of my grandma. Would she be proud of me? Some of this weight has been lost in her memory and I have passed her wish onto my own daughters about taking care of your body when you are young and can enjoy it. I am younger than she was when she lost weight and tried to reclaim her health...and wish the same for my daughters and theirs and theirs.

3 comments:

Girl Bandit said...

Great answers....

THE DASH! said...

Love your question and answers :)

Linda said...

Oh I love Crash by DMB- it holds a lot of memories for me.