Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Wohooooooooooooooo

Ok i got out and rode my bike.

I took it in the rain about 1.5 miles each way to my local grocery store with a Starbucks stand by the front door. I layered up with my diaper pants, my nicely fitting workout pants, A tank top and a long sleeved t-shirt, a great big rain jacket, gloves, socks and tennis shoes and my helmet. I got out side and almost gave up when I found that I needed to pump up my tires and my back tire was being difficult (it always is for some reason). Finally after mucking about for 20 minutes I got on my bike and took off. I rode the back way so as to avoid the busy roads. I got wet but not uncomfortably so. Once I got to the grocery store I parked my bike to the side (I don't have a lock) and risked theft to run in after my coffee. Then I brought my coffee out to my bike. They have picnic tables in front of the store so I sat in the rain with my coffee. My glasses got wet and people looked at me like I was one of those really crazy bike people but it was still fun.

I hope I remember the fun tomorrow when it is time to go again.

2 comments:

Debi said...

Wow Tina, I have to applaud you!! Not only did you go riding, but in the rain! AND you had to fix the flat tires as well first!!

I would have looked at the tires & said....forget it! I will fix the tires later & ride another day!!

But taking a few minutes to drink something nice & warm before tackling the ride home was something that I would have done too.

Tina said...

Believe me I almost gave up when the tires gave me grief! I was cussing and moaning. I got irritated that I was thinking of letting the tire beat me...so I persevered.