Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Holy Moly-I woke up early!!

I stayed up late last night but whether it is Spring or a surge in vitamins and minerals (cause i have been a REALY Good vitamin taker of late-very unlike me I assure you). Anyhow...I woke up at...wait for it..8am!!! I know. you are scoffing. so what you have all probably been up for hours already. Ever since the start of the year I have been one messed up sleeper. I fondly say I have been living on Hawaiian time (four hours time difference from here). Well at least for today that is no more. I am going to do my darndest to make this a permanent shift.

Grace found this pretty cool thing on pintrest that we are trying out. It is a task board using post it notes. The blogger who gets the credit for the idea and the picture has a blog full of knitting and crafting and organizing. We are one day into the technique using a piece of paper before we invest a bunch of time and energy on a permanent clip board. Grace's day was a bit of a fail but I think that has more to do with the fact that I had to go to work and the inter-parent communication was not quite up to snuff. I am home all day today and am going to try to keep both of our goal setting and work-flow plans on target.

The crazy thing is that I have way too many post-its. I don't know if this is the result of my letting stuff slide all of the time or trying to do too much all of the time. Many of the todo items were emails and phone calls so I did get some of them taken care of yesterday. It is amazing how writing it all down and slapping it in front of your nose keeps these things at the front of your brain. Let day 2 commence-:) The coolest part is because they are on post it notes I can reorder the list at anytime and pick out which of the tasks I want to do (I am hoping giving Grace control over her time will also be a positive development for her as well). Yesterday I put the in order of what two or three things could I accomplish today (before work) and then mapped out what I would focus on for Tuesday-and then the rest of the week. This morning I got up and had another look. Somethings changed. I pulled off the post its I finished and wrote some new ones I thought of. So far it is pretty nifty.
xxxooo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I really like that!