Friday, April 2, 2010

BYOC

1. If you could be a Superhero (like Gilly) - what would you be called or what would your powers be? (Thanks Lori for this question)

I don't know who Gilly is?? did i read it and forget (I am after all getting old) or am I just out of touch with super hero lingo?

I pick multi-armed woman (perhaps octogirl?). I would love to better be able to do a whole bunch of stuff at the same time. Say type on the computer, clean the kitchen and sweep while driving?

2. Name one physical thing you love about you and one mental thing you love about you.

I have tiny hands and feet. delicate even...have always like them. Brain-wise i Like it that I make people feel comfortable and at home or safe with me.

3. If you stood in front of God (or whatever Supreme Being you may believe in) - what question would you ask him?

hmm maybe why he/she couldn't have been more clear about this whole religion thing and keep everyone from fighting over it so much?

4. Besides yourself - who was/is your biggest enabler in your weight loss journey?

I think this is a very complicated question. I think everyone has food demons and enablers at some time in their life. Heck I have been one at times. Mostly I think I had physical urges that were strong to solve life's problems with food, a drug addition to food, enjoyed food, you name it. along the way a viscous cycle starts and the food makes you tired, you exercise, you want more food you exercise less and pretty soon I was a fat mass of 304pounds sitting on a couch at the bottom of a cliff with only a string for a rope to get out. The band was a life line with pulleys that I could use and have used.

5. What do you do for a living (another reader request question)?

Well I have a PH.D. in mathematics education and I was working with teachers to improve their understanding of math and the ways that they teach it. I just quit that job and now I am a plain old math teacher at a community college and I am liking it a lot!

6. Whose blog hit home for you this week or whose blog made you think the most this week?

Well Drazil's blog was mighty fine..Not only did i read about her tummy tuck I made an appointment with a friend to get a plastic surgeon consultation. My biggest worry now is..how many procedures do I really need (arm skin, flat-pancake boobs and a big old floppy tummy). How much pain am I willing to endure and how much money am I willing to spend.

No comments: