Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The BOOBS Questions and Answers

1. How did you pick your blog name?

I copied my original from Bunny...Tinas weightloss journey. At the time this seemed perfectly logical but after a while It seemed boring and so I changed it to losing it...it seemed to fit my lifestyle changes and crazy life. The weightloss, kids leaving home, and my marbles.

2. When did you start blogging? I will have to check. I know it was about a year before I was banded so that would be 4 long years ago. Ok I checked-June 2007.

3. Theme of blog:

The blog has gone through phases. I have thrown this out for all to view but really it contains whatever stuff I am working through at the time. In the beginning it was about the hoops I had to go through to get the band. After I got it it was the trials tribulations and successes post band. I talk about my hurdles, mental breakdowns, vacations..oh you know whatever junk is going on at my house.


4. Did you go to BOOBs 2010? Nope I had to teach my math classes instead. In preparation this year so I could go I took fall term off...just so I could come!

5. When were you banded?

August 2008

6. How much have you lost? roughly 140 pounds but that goes back and forth from 136 to 143. Today it is a whopping 141 lbs lost.

7. What are you most looking forward to at BOOBs?
Hanging with the people I have met and those I have not met but have read on the blogs for years now. I am also looking forward to hanging in bars with the girls instead of cleaning house, organizing meals and going to work!! you know..a four day weekend with no responsibilities except dressing myself and deciding what to order off the menu. It all sounds heavenly to me. Oh and some British goodies from Justine!! :)

8. What/who do you hope to find/see/accomplish at BOOBs 2011?


Didn't I already answer that one above? shopping and seeing chicago when it isn't snowing would be nice as well.

9. Children? Pets? I have four daughters three who have left home and one who is still at home. I have a husband and I sold my cat with our house (it is a long story that is on the blog I think..or you can ask me about it).

10. Who is your roomie? Lynda from This time next year.


11. What day do you arrive? I arrive on Thursday.

12. What airport/flight/time?

ORD at 2pm. If anyone else will be there around then I would love to share a limo :)

13. What events are you signed up for?

What? we have to sign up for things?? so far I have signed up to do the walking tour, and Frank Lloyd wright on Saturday. I think I put in for my all you cannot eat dinner too. Do we have to formally declare the other stuff? I guess I need to plan...Does anyone want to be my planner?
14. Hobbies?
I knit, I read (now that I have reading glasses I get to do so without a headache), I travel, I spin wool into yarn, I eat fancy food (my husband has infected me), I drink vodka and peppermint schnapps.

15. Career?

math teacher and math teacher-teacher plus I do math ed research. I am thinking of chucking it all in and opening a yarn shop though :)

16. Single? Married? In a relationship? Married

17. Your birthday month? Valentines day.

18. What do you want other BOOBs to know about you? Well I don't know..I pretty much lay it all on the line on this blog. There are a few secret bits but if you ask I will tell you in Chicago. I have no shame and loose lips. With a drink or two they get even looser.

Addition: Justine reminded me...I will be breakfasting every morning at the nearest starbucks and having an afternoon snack there..soooooo if anyone is interested :)

4 comments:

Theresa said...

I'm so excited that you'll be there this year!!!!

Rhonda said...

Hehe, all you cannot eat. I love it. :)

Sandy said...

Since you didn't come last year you don't know there is a Starbucks a block from the hotel! And I noticed you asking Justine for the Cadbury Fruit and Nut bar. Did you know you can buy them in Canada--maybe make a trip to Vancouver and stock up. But then those pounds might just creep up so just forget it.

And I have not signed up for anything yet. I'll just try to join in if there is room on the day tours. If not there are lots of bars.

Read said...

Yay!!! I can't wait!