Monday, May 25, 2009

Chasing the 240's

Yesterday I had a great time partying the evening away. DH and I went to a friends yearly memorial weekend party and then over to another friends house for drinks and a chat on the back patio next to a blazing fire in their fire grill. It felt great to just relax for a change. The food at the party went down fine the Sangria and Cosmos were tasty. By the end of the evening I was quite inebriated (so much so that when I finally laid my head to the pillow the bed did a bit of spinning). I was concerned that I was going to have to pay for my imbibing with a weight gain but as is usual, when I am naughty or have a great need to be naughty it is always followed by a nice weight-loss. I do not know why or when the other shoe will drop and I will have to pay for the fun. As of now however I will take my weight-loss and my fun together!!

The scale read 250!! I am now down a total of 54 pounds in just about 9 months. Although it is not as fast as I would have liked it is sure a lot more successful than I have ever been in my whole life and I will take it. yayyyyy hoorrayyyyyy

The rest of the weekend I shifted a truck full of compost, planted most of our seeds and seedlings and provided the occasional hand to my husband who is building our backyard fence. Now if I can keep my grandson and the remaining cat out of the raised beds (seems to think it is a handy litter box). I will be soon seeing little seedlings rise above the dirt.

No comments: