Friday, April 20, 2012

BYOC-

1. Do you have any siblings? What is your relationship with them? Good, bad, ugly?

 I have two younger siblings. a brother who is one year younger than I am and a sister who is two years younger. When we were young we were really tight. We hung out together and with each others friends. We talked and joked around. Now that we are adults sadly-we have grown very far apart. They both live in Washington state (one on each side of the mountains). Over the years we have gotten into several disagreements. two years ago at Thanksgiving we had another holiday argument and after several discussions with my parents up to this point that we (my husband and youngest daughter) would no longer spend holidays filled with argument and discord this became the last straw and we packed up and came home. We have not attended a family holiday since.  I have not spoken to my sister or brother since.

As a child my grandmother did not speak to her sister for more than 10 years. I have a sinking feeling that this might, sadly, end up the same way.

 2. Let’s talk pizza. Do you prefer homemade or restaurant? What toppings are your fave?

 Home made all the way!!! My foody husband makes pizza crust that is so much better than anything I have ever had out. When he makes it is  old school margherita with just fresh cheese, basil and fresh tomatoes. Someday I want to have it in Italy.

 3. When is the last time you cried – in sadness and in joy?

 I cannot really remember the last time I cried. The closest I came was a little welling up when my younger daughter made an off-hand comment about something I said. I hurt my feelings a touch :). The most beautiful side effect of the prozac is the crying. I hardly ever do it anymore.  My last full on cry was probably when I quit my job during BOOBS last fall :)

 I used to cry all of the time-during movies, when I got mad, when I had PMS, when I was tired or stressed out..you name it I cried about it.

 4. Do you own a gun – one that is specifically yours? Do you know how to use it?

 I do not own a gun. There are no guns in my house. I don't have anything against them in general and I have and know how to shoot them. I am much more a fan of guns for useful reasons...like finding food :)

 5. Repeat question. Summarize your week!

 Holy crapity..what a week. I am going to number a list here:

 a. I had a weight crisis. I discovered the second most beautiful side effect of Prozac: band tightening. I had decided to wean myself off the Prozac but have quickly changed my mind and going to keep it on board until my 20 pound weight gain is off and then get in quickly for a fill as/before I go off the things. 

b. I got the front part of my shop fixed up this week and my sign made!! I will take and post a picture tomorrow of what is done thus far.

 c. I had an interview for the neighborhood newspaper that I used to write for. It was quite nice and she is going to get me some free advertising. :) wahoo.

 d. I have been in and out of blogs this week. Leaving some comments when I can and at others times just reading. Some of us are doing so well and some others are struggling (such is life right?). I hope as our weather warms up (and gets cooler for those in the southern hemisphere) welcome the change and get great weather.

 e. Our cars have been broken. Last week I didn't have my car because my daughter's car needed work and it took almost all week to get it fixed. Then on Friday the day hers came out and I got my car back my husband's truck broke down!!! It spent this week at in the shop and he borrowed my car all week (I am kind of sick of not having a car when I need to do errands).

 f. I blogged a bit more this week but..have any of you blogger users been ANNOYED by the recent remodeling AGAIN!!! I do not adapt well to technological change and it annoyed me so much that I did not post for a couple days because finding my blog post page was so awkward. xxxooo :)  I edit..a lot...I find typos and then find some more when I check back in.  I am a horrible typo artist.  Well..I just had a heck of a time finding the edit function in the new window format..GRRRRR.  I finally found it but it was after clicking on several other buttons that messed up my formatting.

2 comments:

Dinnerland said...

I don't love the new blogger either-- and I think we are seeing a trend of bandsters of a certain era (a couple of years) struggling with weight gain.
Makes me feel more normal-- and also a bit worried, but perhaps this is one of those blips on the screen that can be seen with the band and that get sorted out.
I had a recent fill and am hoping that it will do the trick and won't give up.
If the Zoloft makes you WAY too tight, then you may need an unfill so you can eat the healthy proteins you need to lose weight. Just a thought but keep on posting. I am back to hopefully posting daily...

Read said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the front of the shop and the sign!!

The new blogger has only changed for one of my blogs - but it did it mid post and I ran into the same damn things you did - it was totally frustrating.