Thursday, August 28, 2008

Day 7-Oh what wonderful mushies I had

So today I moved myself onto mushy mushies. My swelling has obviously gone down and the liquids are just not cutting it. In addition there was no way I was getting enough protein in. So today I explored the wonderful world of mushies. For breakfast I had my regular rice baby cereal with apple juice. Midmorning I had about a 1/2 cup cottage cheese. For lunch I took a can of tuna, sweet relish and mayonnaise and made a tuna salad. I ate about 1/2 cup of that. finally for dinner I had the tastiest egg on the planet. I took shredded mozzarella cheese and a little bit of cheddar and browned them in a bit of butter. When they are melted and bubbled a bit i added my egg and milk and scrambled it softly. then added salt and pepper right before i ate it. Yummmmmmmmmmm.

After dinner I went and played bunco fully prepared to eat nothing but they had really soft cheesecake. I had 3 bites (a sliver) and then went back to my crystal light. After that we went to a friends house and I had 3 squares of chocolate and finished my bottle of crystal light. I think I seriously damaged my pound a day plan but im good with it because I found food i think i can live with for a long time and have enough protein!

I dont feel a lot of restriction anymore and I am not really supposed to have any as there is no fill at all just the band itself. I did feel it the first few days as i was swollen but I am not really having a huge problem (yet) limiting myself to 1/2-1cup servings of whatever i am eating (I know i am seriously motivated at this point). If I can end up with this feeling of normalcy but just not hungry that would be grand!!!

1 comment:

Bunny said...

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAHOO YAHOO YAHOO YAHOO YAHOO
what else can I say. I am so please you got your band AT F'ING LAST!!!!!!!!!!!! GOd I love you Tna, here for you every step of the way, and Bruges after banding... yeah... not pleasant but beats staying in a hotel room with your bunk mates smelly feet! LOL :o))))
You seem to be doing 1 hell of a lot better than me honey, so keep it up. dont feel sorry for yourself... just relish and revel in the fact that you are so damn special now that you just cant tolerate certain things!! It makes you a superstar. Get loads of rest and drink a LOT of water ok????
hugs and stuff
xxxxxxx
Bunny