Friday, March 9, 2012

BYOC and Sheesh where have I been?


I read the BYOC questions after I wrote my post today. I like the questions this week so..you are getting both. :) Try not to fall asleep!

1. When you're sick - what comforts you?

I like my pillow, a blanket and to lay in bed or on the couch and watch TV. I want full control of the remote control and to be mostly left alone. I do however like people to check in every once in a while and bring a glass of water, soup or just a short conversation. I, on the other hand, am a pretty cruddy nursemaid and I need to get better at it..to pay it forward so to speak.

2. How attached to your cell phone are you?

My cell phone is always dead. I forget to plug it in and it dies on a daily basis. I like having it when I want it..but mostly my kids call me on David's phone and then just ask for me :)


3. What brand, color and kind of sneaker do you own to work out in? Why? Do you get a custom fit or just pick one off the shelf?

I live about 4 miles away from the headquarters of Nike and despite their sometimes poor human rights track-record (Chinese labor). I love, love, love Nike tennis shoes. I wear no other brand and have ...hm let me go count...There are currently six pairs (this is after a good shoe sort-out). The brown pair's days are numbered. My current favorite are the red pair. My daughter gave them to me for my birthday and I love them :) They are Nike Free's red with orange trim. The sole of these shoes make you feel like leaping and running for joy.

4. Do you ever wish you'd picked a different name for your blog and why?

I did change the name of my blog a few years ago. It used to be just boring old tina's weight loss journey (hence the address) I changed it to losing it..because I ended up blogging about lots of the stuff included in my crazy life.

5. Repeat question. Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.

I have been my usual busy busy-bee self. I did not attend much to my blog this last week. between seeing my aunt and uncle as much as possible before they headed home, getting ready for finals week for my students, spending as much time as I could out in the sunshine and watching my grandson oh..and a little dalliance with my new online girlfriend pintrist I neglected blogland. By the way: Pintrist is one cooooollll social media site. I can pin anything and know where to find it again. It is how I always wished I was organized with bits of paper.

Now my regular post before I got sidetracked on the BYOC:


Ok Spring has done Sprung here in Portland. HOOORRRAAAYYY-In the last couple of weeks stuff has been happening and I have almost blogged several times but...I have pictures that are downstairs and I am always upstairs when I get ready to post. Guess what? yup..camera down my butt is up in my comfy chair yet again. I am blogging anyway but pics will be coming.

Back to Spring: The last two days have been sublime. I left my coat in the closet and wore sandals!!! We played at the park. I opened the back door. I gardened in my little plot. David and I cooked dinner and cleaned up the kitchen (without coming to blows :)) cause the kitchen is big! My herbs are happy in their new home (I transplanted them to our raised bed) and I have spring flowers in my pots. We made Grace a terrarium (that was going to house a turtle until I found out that they cost 100.00!!!!! We are looking at cats again (I know..crazy right?).

Last weekend I had the chance to wear the dress I chose not to wear at BOOBS 2011. Funnily enough it fits better now than it did then and I am up about four pounds or so since then. My fat and skin is shifting (what they say is true I guess). I obviously for once I am coming out ahead in this putting off a tummy tuck (really it is because I am a cheap chicken). Anyhow..I have pictures of my sorry self in the dress and even a peek of my wonder underwear.

The underwear is one of Many..pairs of skin harnessing garments I now own. In fact when we moved and I cleaned out my drawers I found that my biggest item pile in the drawer stuff was of the spanks kind :) Before you get too worried..the dresses pile is hanging or it would way out measure the pile that is underwear :)

I put on the new still tagged dress to take my second oldest daughter and her boyfriend on a double birthday date (hers) to a fancy local restaurant in Portland called Portland City Grill. It is up on the 30th floor of a building downtown and has great views of Portland (again there are pictures sitting downstairs that I will try and load tomorrow).

My aunt and uncle were sprung from rehab today and they drove home!! My cousin took the train down and drove their motorhome with my uncle lounging in the back while my aunt followed in their car. I saw pictures this evening and they were living it up with their son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter at a local restaurant this evening in their hometown. My uncle still has things to deal with but he is well and truly on the mend.

One more week remains of the term. Next Wednesday my lovely mathy students will take their final and we will have a Spring break. I plan on spending mine on a romantic trip to Vegas Baby :) wahooooooo. We have reservations at a swank hotel and two fancy restaurants. We have tickets to Blue Man Group and are going to try and get some to Rod Stewart. I will bring my swimsuit and spend as much time in the sun as possible.

My yarn shop is on the todo list for tomorrow-more cleaning and distributing boxes of stuff. shelves are going up and we will take another trip to Ikea for more storage gear.

xxxooo

6 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

Can't wait to see you in May :-)

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

No falling asleep here. :)

Shannon said...

hi!!! no I can't see it yet I still have to poke to find it a little.
I have been wanting to ask my surgeon about the port but I refuse to go back to the one I have here and am waiting till I get a referral out in California when we get there. by that time it will be about 8 months of not seeing a doc for it. I am just sick of my guy.

Also I will be in Oregon around the end of May!

speck said...

#2 was hilarious to me. My phone used to always be dead but I'm doing much better since I bought a car charger.(you might want to think about that one lol)

And I know where to come when I need a pair of Nike's! At first it looked like a picture from a store! lol

Sandra

Rhonda said...

Can't wait to see the pics from Vegas! Have a wonderful spring break, my friend! :)

Amanda Kiska said...

Sounds like you're keeping busy! I'm finally trying to get caught up with the blogs and I have to snicker because the weather is now total CRAP. It was beautiful last week though! We had snow this morning. I am ready for some nice weather!