Tuesday, September 25, 2012

One Day Without Starbucks.

I found A yummy coffee shop near Graces new School. (I know gets your chins off the floor)..Close your mouth..Yes Indeed Changes.  At this coffee shop they have a wondrous Blended Chai Latte.  I know Starbucks has them but I figured this would be a good time to disentangle myself from the naughtiness that is Starbucks.  I figure as long as I never get that drink at Starbucks I will be able to make them at home and drink one at this special but too far away for a daily habit coffee shop.

So this morning I got up and went to the grocery store to get supplies.  Milk, chai tea bags (these just have the tea and spices with no extra junk).  While there I picked up a loaf of bread and some lunch meat.  I then came home and steeped two bags of my new tea in 1 c up boiling water.  Then using my Magic Bullet I whipped up my own blended chai latte.

1 c crushed ice
1 c milk
1/2 c chai cooled down with some ice tossed on after it was dark enough.
1/2 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder (this is the sweetener part).

It was VERY good.  It has more milk than the Starbucks peppermint mochas I normally drink and therefore more protein, calcium, vitamin D etc.  The protein powder is sweet but sugar free so I cut WAY down on my sugar intake.  The protein powder means I had a much higher protein breakfast. and finally the calories went way down.

Oh..and did I mention saving money?  I am hoping for a vacation round about Christmas time and the money saving would help that.

wahhoooo ;)

2 comments:

o.c. bandster said...

Good for you! You will get that vacation....one sip at a time

Lonicera said...

MILKY TEA????? Sigh - I don't think it would work if we ever got stuck on a desert island together. However, if I was to replace the teabag with coffee instead, it actually doesn't sound bad at all (she said condescendingly). Where are you planning for your vacation??
Caroline