Sunday, September 30, 2012

Holy Mackerel I Can Actually Skip the Coffee Frapp!

I am one week into my little anti-coffee stop campaign and two weeks into the walking one.   To be quite frank I am doing better on the coffee campaign then the walking one.

Two weeks walking-two four mile walks and 4 one-ish mile walks.  This probably only compensates for the lack of short walks to Starbucks twice a day.  Instead I have only had three Starbucks sponsored Peppermint Mocha Frapp in the last week and each was just one..two I can blame on my enabler husband this weekend who delivered them to me :).

I really like my newly self-made Chai latte frapp.  that I make at home.  The benefit to this is drastically reduced sugar (none), higher protein, more calcium and yumminess.  The recipe:

3//4 cup milk
1/2 cup cold chai tea (the unsweetened kind made from Oregon Chai Tea bags.  I put two-three in my mug in the morning with 1 cup boiling water.  I pour half into another cup and cool it with ice and then leave the tea bags in the mug and put it in the fridge for later.
1 1/2 cups crushed ice
1-2 Tablespoons of Vanilla whey protein powder ( I like muscle milk brand from costco).
I put this all into my Magic Bullet and whir it up.

I get a big old mug full (the big one from the Magic Bullet..it is almost as yummy as the one from my new favorite coffee shop.

The scale-Stuck hard between 179 and 180.  sigh...

xxxooo

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Damn stupid scale but congrats on the starbucks victory. xx