The abdominal pain continues to be really bad. If I eat solids like clockwork in 1-2 hours I experience some pretty high levels of pain. On Saturday I (along with 8 other people) helped my oldest daughter move. I didn't carry anything too heavy but hauled boxes and such up 9 stairs and down a sidewalk to her town home. About 15 minutes after we finished the pain appeared on my left side as usual. We left pretty quickly after the stuff was into her place and it hurt so bad on the drive home I had to recline my seat back and push on my side…well while pushing I found what I am pretty sure is the hernia.
My highly efficient and WONDERFUL digestive health nurse practitioner had her aide call me and we talked about what was going on and she in under 24 hours managed to get me in for a CT scan to have a look. NOT ONLY did they treat me with respect and check up on me they listened to my suspicions and acted on it. They are now the BEST people in the world to me!!
Tomorrow morning I have a CT scan, tomorrow afternoon the gyno visit is happening (hopefully for real this time and some sort of solution or plan).
I have a endoscope and colonoscopy scheduled for next week. If this hernia thing pans out I am so going to cancel it and take a break before rescheduling in 6 months or so. I have taken enough working days off to visit doctors. The surgery will mean at least another couple.
These weeks without restrictions has prompted me to think about some things:
- The first week the re-found freedom to eat was really fun.
- Fruit and Salads are really tasty after so long with restriction. I had all but given up more than a bitr of them as they were difficult for me to eat.
- The 'hernia' thing did give me pause but at first it didn't really cause me to eat less. I found this curious. Why does throwing up after eating too much have such a quick impact on my eating habits but pain doesn't really have the same impact?
- The eating is so not worth the weight gain and I am ready to start getting my restriction back.
- I can already feel my good habits slipping. While I am eating I know I can drink and I think about it but I drink. Chewing has slipped.
- I have given up coffee Not a single frapp. in days. I had one hot mocha and it was a disaster (pain). I switched to a much lower calorie Peach Green Tea Lemonade. I am so thirsty that this has not been a problem at all. I always chase each one with a refill of water the same size.