Saturday, February 14, 2009

more yoyoyoyoyoyoy

I have been to Florida-

We got home Thursday night. It was glorious! I am sick to death of winter and the heat and sun was wonderful for a week. I did not want to come home. I went for one of my math ed conferences. It was as usual very good and I came away all enthused to get to work-get a job, write, etc. Then for the rest of the week my parents, middle daughter, youngest daughter and hubby did the Disney thing. It was fun! I think the best trip to Disney ever.

Now the bad news-I am on a weight upswing. This is occurring exactly as it did the three times before. I ate well at Disney-couscous at the Moroccan rest. in Epcot, Vodka laced drinks, Ice cream, cookies, fish and chips several times, one hamburger without the bun and little to no vegetables. I did fit in a protein bar or two but largely it was unhealthy to the max (and I have to say I had a great time doing it).

When I got home I was back up to 269 tight as tight can be (I was 263 the day i left for Florida). I tried some left over roast beef that my daughter cooked and spent lunch hurling repeatedly (i think it got stuck in my stoma as I finally hurled food from my lower stomach and I was done). I decided a protein shake was in order for midafternoon. I got a peanut butter squared one (a full 40 grams of protein) I could not keep that down either. I finally gave up and stuck to water for a few hours and then managed to keep down some tomato soup for dinner. Today my stomach is working ok (I am already down 3 pounds from yesterday) I had about 3/4 of a grilled cheese sandwich, a frozen yogurt, a protein bar and am debating what i'll get for dinner.

The kitchen was put on hold while we were gone. The stove and fridge came the Friday before we left but we did not get the cabinets installed well enough to have them measured for countertops. They are coming on Tuesday and I will hopefully get them in the next week. Following that I get my sink and dishwasher back!!! I cannot wait.

Today tadahhhhhhh I am 45 years old. I have to say I was hoping I would be further along on the weight loss thing. Now one might ask..gee valentines day how romantic-yeah well no. Men are crap at romance-at least mine is. He took my daughter out last night for last minute shopping. She picked out some flowers. They left them out of water all night and they were wilted by morning.

As far as unromantic though- I guess i did get a really good present. I have a brand new HP mini-computer. It is about the size of a large paperback book. It is going to take some time to get used to the smaller keyboard and get all my files transferred over but so far i like it. It is very small and light-will be able to fit the thing in my purse!!!

No comments: